Pallet art has variety of ideas applicable in our daily life. We often have reclaimed wood in our homes and also worried about how to manage magazines in our homes. Pallet art provides amazing solution for arrangement of magazines. Pallet magazine rack is such a nice idea that is quite inexpensive and helps a lot to manage the fuss created by plenty of magazines. Pallet art is a type of recycling of waste materials or DIY type of work. For making a pallet bookshelf you may follow the following steps.
You need wooden pallets preferably of reclaimed wood, nails, glue, varnish, paint, brush and basic tools for work. Provide few hooks for mounting the rack on wall. This rack can be used for different purposes such as in kitchen for holding small items in one place, in bathroom for keeping towels of bathroom cosmetics.
Course of action:
- Take wooden pallets and make them smooth by rubbing with sand paper. Take three small pallets and join three long pallets vertically to them.
- Use glue and nails for strength of joint and rack. Add a pallet shelf at the bottom and one at front.
- It will have now two boxes separated by a wooden septum. In the front part you may place some new and rustic nails for generating design on pallet book rack.
- Now paint the pallet book rack with paint of your favorite color and let it dry. Add top varnish coat for fine finish.
- If you like natural patterns found in wood then only apply varnish to enhance the design and colors of wood.
- You may add multiple pallet shelves in the pallet book rack to enhance its capacity.
- At the back of Pallet magazine rack fix some hooks for mounting it in a suitable place.